parties can convert from an ordinary event to a fun-filled affair with these
fringe activities for D&D. Most of the dinner parties end up being boring
with people sitting, drinking, yawning occasionally, and only a few guests
enjoying some time on the dance floor. To let your guests make the most of the
D&D party, you need to step it up as a host and try to make the night
memorable for your guests so that they remember it for weeks to come. Here are
some fringe activities for D&D parties that can help to enliven the mood.
Never Have I Ever
on throwing a dinner and dance party? Then why not start the evening with the
Never Have I Ever Game. The game is best played if your invitees are not formal
guests but some close and cool friends. Here is how you play the game. You will
have to pick up who wants to start with the questions randomly. When the person
shoots a question, those in the group who have done what he asks takes a shot
of the drink in hand. Those who have not done it will wait for the next
question. This helps the guests to loosen a bit and works great to introduce
your friends to each other.
you call your guests for dinner and dance, you may want to set up a mini pool
party. Organize dinner and appetizers, and let your guests lounge here a bit.
The guests get to chill in the pool before they head for drinks and dance. It
would help if you had music playing in the background. This is a great way to
keep your audience engaged before the start of the D&D party.
Hire an audience entertainer
You may want to engage your guests with an audience entertainer. A dance or music performance or maybe even a magician is a great idea. Several hosts think than once the guests are seated, they are comfortable. However, the guests may start getting bored waiting for the dance and dinner party to start. So why not arrange a live band or a live magician to keep your guests entertained before the program starts?
Set activity booths
great idea to entertain your guests is to organize some fringe activities for
D&D. Set booths all around the event venue. You can have a palm reader or a
fortune-teller in one of the booths. A live caricature artist or painter is
also a great option. You may also want to set up an art and craft booth where
your guests can make some creations to take home after the event.
are a pro at arranging the drinks and the food at the party. It is highly
probable that you are up to date with the best in catering and drinks what you
find a challenge to set the entertainment factor right. The best ideas of
entertainment are those that can combine all kinds of elements. The fringe
activities for D&D should be fun. Let the group be involved, which helps to
loosen the crowd and gets them comfortable to enjoy the party.
Photo booth is a great way to attract crowd, to keep people entertained and to market your product when it comes to corporate events. Whether it is an office party or a conference, corporate photobooth is always a super hit! When you have a theme and set up a photo booth accordingly it is even more attractive. Mainly do something that is related to your product / services or general theme of the event or occasion and also unique. Photo booths are an interactive way to get people’s attention so make the most of it!
Here are some unique and interesting ideas that you can use for the photo booth for your corporate event.
● Set up the booth to look like a hotel room with props that show the life of a rock star. Another great idea is to set up illustrations based on famous books or movies. A giant photo frame behind which customers could pose and take pictures is another good one. You can set it up like a park with a bench and an appropriate background or ski lift with a snow background, or a forest theme with trees and logs tied up together, etc. Decide on what you want your guests to remember and take back out of the event and base your theme, background and props on that. Just take care to place your brand appropriately so it doesn’t look odd.
● Virtual costumes are a great idea and you can pick event themed virtual costumes where the guests can choose costumes with a drag and drop.
● A Real-time photo collage. You can let users pick the photos of them and their friends and make a collage of it. This would give them an opportunity to not only get a get picture, but also a collage and who can say no to a collage?
● All of us at some stage want to be someone, or look like someone, a great idea is to let people pick a character/person of their choice and replace the character’s face with their own.
● Create your own story! You can have a few template cartoons and users can choose which cartoon and which character they want to be and they can put their face in those cartoons.
● Animated Gif – You can let each customer take four pictures in different poses and give them an animated gif on a CD picture which can be loaded on a social media site.
● Sing your version of the song. Some photo booths do videos as well. In such booths, you can ask people to sing their versions of popular songs and let them show off their musical skills. This will work like a charm for a musical instrument company or a music school.
● Another idea for a video – for Airline or travel related companies; you can ask your guests to make a list of things they would like to do in their most favourite holiday destination.
To logo or not to logo, that is the question. Custom gifts bear the insignia of the relationship and bear a strong message – that this is a professional relationship which is being marketed. As the one giving the gift, you get free daily advertising when your employees, vendors or customers use that monogrammed mug, calendar or t-shirt. But customized gifts can never be considered as personal or heartfelt since they come with a clear message – that this is advertising. However, a customized gift gives a sense of belonging to your recipient. Let’s take each kind of corporate gift and see a comparison between a customized form of the gift and a common form of the gift.
Gift – Mug
Customized form – logo in contrast color clearly visible when it’s being used, with a personal message like “Employee of the Month”
Common form – a jet black mug or a sunshine yellow mug
A mug is a traditional symbol of belonging to a group or community. But unless it’s used in the office, a logo on it does not serve the purpose of bringing the community together. While used in the office, there is a great chance that confusion will rule with identical mugs during the water cooler moments. A customized mug will earn more brownie points than a common mug.
Gift – Calendar
Customized form – logo printed in each month, with name of recipient and their birthdays standing out
Common form – a run-of-the-mill calendar that keeps date
A desktop calendar is an old fashioned gift in these days of digitalization. People no longer use these calendars due to lack of space sometimes. But a digital calendar cannot bring that sense of community that rows of desks displaying such customized calendars can. Once again, a customized form is better than its common form.
Gift – Wine
Customized form – name of giver and recipient carved on the bottle
Common form – a regular bottle of spirit
If your client’s joy and pride is his liquor collection, it will be doubled by having the occasion and his name carved on it. A fine bottle of whiskey with your names carved on it will make it a prized possession in his private collection. It’s also a great aid to recall who gave the bottle and bring forth more stories at the dinner table.
Gift – Gift cards
Customized form – name of recipient printed on it
Common form – a regular gift card with price printed on it
Here is a gift that does not require any customizing at all. A store gift card gives all the freedom to the recipient to buy what he wants, without the hassle of finding a use for a gift. A common form of the gift is pricey enough so it does not require any special insignia.
Gift – Pen set
Customized form – your logo and recipient name printed on the box
Common form – just a regular pen set
A pen set reflects good taste as well as practicality. Such office items will always find a use if given with the right sense of personality and taste.